The Fanatical Blog
Best gaming mice for 2018
By Sam Jones - 15th Dec 2017Games
Our top pick of gaming mice are just a click away
Having a reliable and comfortable mouse for gaming sessions is a must for PC gamers, but which one should you choose?
We've put together a list of our top picks for the best mice out there, in order to help you get the most out of your PC gaming. Each mouse has specific features which we think you'll like, as well as helpful links taking you straight to the products.
Razer DeathAdder Elite
With the Razer DeathAdder you know you are getting what you pay for, and with the Elite series it is no different. The DeathAdder Elite comes with advanced eSport-grade optical sensors combined with being the perfect weight for fast and precise game play.
- It weighs just 105g! The Elite series of the DeathAdder has shed 30g off its predecessor making it Tournament ready, without compromising its optic sensors.
- The DeathAdder Elite features advanced optical sensors that are at eSport level, they give you quicker and more accurate control when playing games.
- Razer mechanical mouse switches are incorporated into the mouse, giving the mouse a durability of up to 50 million clicks. As well as being perfectly optimized for fast game play.
- Ergonomic perfection. Its size is perfect for a comfortable gaming experience no matter how long you the battles may be. With two rubber grips and seven programmable buttons, it is the perfect balance between comfort and functionality.
- Further customizations with 16.8 million programmable colors, with the option to have it breathing, static, reactive or spectrum cycling allowing you to truly make it your own.
Logitech G502 PROTEUS SPECTRUM
The Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum is the best wired gaming mouse in Logitech’s range. It is a solid mouse primed and ready to be personalized with 11 buttons and RGB lighting.
- The G502 comes with a metal wheel, with both traditional scrolling and infinite scrolling. With the touch of a button you can flick between the two at ease. The metal wheel makes this both a pleasant experience functionally but also in a tactile sense as the wheel generally remains cold to the touch.
- There are 11 programmable buttons that can be customized with your favorite macros. It even features a sniper button under the thump for increased accuracy in FPS games.
- The mouse can be tuned to whatever surface you are using. Though it won’t make much difference in everyday usage, when it comes to those tense gaming moments where steal is key, every movement makes a difference.
- The cable is braided to add to its durability and it includes optional additional weights. These can be added or removed from the bottom of the mouse according to your preference.
- The mouse includes RGB lighting which can be set to the standard solid color, breath or flashing. The lighting can be tweaked and set into profiles so certain games have custom colors. It can also be synced with any other Logitech hardware you own what has RGB capabilities.
- Ergonomically, the mouse has a good thumb rest and rubber textured grips on either side. This makes it both comfortable and fairly sweat resistant so things don’t get to slippery during those tense gaming moments.
SteelSeries Rival 700
The SteelSeries Rival 700 is a masterpiece of gaming mice. With a lifetime of over 30 million clicks and hyper sensitivity to enhance control, it is difficult to find a more gaming ready mouse.
- Choice of cable: You get one six-foot braided cable, one six-foot plastic-coated cable and a plastic-coated three-foot cable. So, it is up to you as to which cable you want to use and if one cable starts to wear out you can change it for another.
- You can also swap out the cover on the rear belly of the mouse to either a glossy black or an anti-sweat soft-touch variant making it even more customizable (sold separately).
- Includes seven customizable buttons. Two above the thumb, one in front and the standard scroller, right and left and below the scroller.
- The mouse comes with a black and white OLED screen on the left which can be programmed to show a small picture file that you can import into Engine 3. This can be a JPEG, PNG or a GIF, the animation will play back at 10 FPS.
- The Rival 700 also includes tactile alerts. There are 13 alerts to choose from, each can be set at varying strengths, speeds and durations. They can range from one buzz to pulsating vibrations. The feature can be set to alert you when your characters is low on health or when a cooldown period has expired. To top it all off the alert does not affect the mouse’s position, meaning no matter how much it vibrates the mouse itself will not move.
- The mouse also includes an RGB feature allowing you to customize the colors that the mouse emits, making the mouse even more individual and customizable.
Corsair M65 PRO RGB
Built to last, the Corsair M65 PRO RGB is tailored to suit first-person shooter gamers and even has a ‘sniper’ button located on the left side – perfect for quick aim encounters. With a gaming grade PMW3360 optical sensor for pixel-precise tracking, this mouse is custom tuned to give players superior performance on practically any surface.
- The aircraft-grade aluminum frame gives the M65 PRO RGB low weight and extremely high durability. The advanced weight tuning system can be set to match your play style – alongside advanced button configuration, macro programming, and three-zone RGB backlighting customization.
- The high-mass scroll wheel’s rubberized exterior is wrapped around a metallic core for a comfortable feel, effortless control and tactile precision.
- Extra-large PTFE glide pads designed with low-friction contact points to ensure gamers have accurate movement with minimal effort.
- The M65 PRO RGB’s high-capacity Omron switches are rated for 20 million clicks, ensuring a reliable performance that supports your gaming sessions.
Check out our latest sales right here