The Fanatical Blog
Crack the code to get 'eggstra' Easter discounts
By Sam Jones - 30th Mar 2017News
Easter Egg Hunt for codes on the Fanatical site - can you crack them?
Something special is happening on the Fanatical site this Easter weekend, which could result in you getting some 'cracking' deals on Steam PC games.
Everyone loves a good Easter egg hunt, whether it's searching in-game for surprises left by the developers, or an actual Easter egg hunt where you stuff your face with chocolate!
Our team has been 'eggs-tremely' busy working behind the scenes to plant some secret Easter eggs on the site, and all you have to do is crack the codes to get rewards. There are some subtle hints for the five available codes below... can you crack the them and find our Easter eggs?
You've got until Tuesday, April 2nd at 1am GMT to find the codes!
Here are a few hints for your first Easter egg code to crack:
- This cheat code was first used in 1986 by a well-known Japanese video game developer and publisher
- Using the code grants players a full set of power-ups that would normally be unlocked through gradual progression in the game
Here are some hints for this cheat code:
- It's a famous cheat code for a hellish FPS franchise
- The cheat grants your player strong powers to take down enemies - it's like you're some kind of deity...
So, here are some hints for the next cheat code:
- A well-known, much-loved cheat code for a world famous protagonist
- It lets you break the rules of this popular game
- This cheat code was originally intended for the developers' eyes only
Here are a few hints for our fourth code:
- This cheat code unlocks a cool mode of transportation
- Elton John
- Is it a bird, is a plane, no it's... something else
Finally, here are the hints for a last code:
- Things get bloody with this cheat code
- The cheat was included in one of the most popular arcade fighting game franchises
Please note: Our Easter eggs have been designed to work best on your PC or laptop. We can't guarantee that they'll all work on any other device.