Multiple file types
Augmented Reality for Developers
Build exciting AR applications on mobile and wearable devices with Unity 3D, Vuforia, ARToolKit, Microsoft Mixed Reality HoloLens, Apple ARKit, and Google ARCore
About This Book
- Create unique AR applications from scratch, from beginning to end, with step-by-step tutorials
- Use Unity 3D to efficiently create AR apps for Android, iOS, and Windows platforms
- Use Vuforia, ARTookKit, Windows Mixed Reality, and Apple ARKit to build AR projects for a variety of markets
- Learn best practices in AR user experience, software design patterns, and 3D graphics
Who This Book Is For
The ideal target audience for this book is developers who have some experience in mobile development, either Android or iOS. Some broad web development experience would also be beneficial.
What You Will Learn
- Build Augmented Reality applications through a step-by-step, tutorial-style project approach
- Use the Unity 3D game engine with the Vuforia AR platform, open source ARToolKit, Microsoft's Mixed Reality Toolkit, Apple ARKit, and Google ARCore, via the C# programming language
- Implement practical demo applications of AR including education, games, business marketing, and industrial training
- Employ a variety of AR recognition modes, including target images, markers, objects, and spatial mapping
- Target a variety of AR devices including phones, tablets, and wearable smartglasses, for Android, iOS, and Windows HoloLens
- Develop expertise with Unity 3D graphics, UIs, physics, and event systems
- Explore and utilize AR best practices and software design patterns
Augmented Reality brings with it a set of challenges that are unseen and unheard of for traditional web and mobile developers. This book is your gateway to Augmented Reality development not a theoretical showpiece for your bookshelf, but a handbook you will keep by your desk while coding and architecting your first AR app and for years to come.
The book opens with an introduction to Augmented Reality, including markets, technologies, and development tools. You will begin by setting up your development machine for Android, iOS, and Windows development, learning the basics of using Unity and the Vuforia AR platform as well as the open source ARToolKit and Microsoft Mixed Reality Toolkit. You will also receive an introduction to Apple's ARKit and Google's ARCore! You will then focus on building AR applications, exploring a variety of recognition targeting methods. You will go through multiple complete projects illustrating key market sectors including business marketing, education, industrial training, and gaming.
By the end of the book, you will have gained the necessary knowledge to make quality content appropriate for a range of AR devices, platforms, and intended uses.
Style and approach
This book adopts a practical, step-by-step, tutorial-style approach. The design principles and methodology will be explained by creating different modules of the AR app.
About this Bundle
Augmented & Virtual Reality are real buzzwords in modern computer programming and they reach into robotics, smart computing, and game development particularly. All of these are key skills and career choices as well as being just fun projects for the hobbyist & game developer.
This latest bundle contains 9 eBooks with 4 all-new-to-Fanatical titles designed to provide both an introduction to the subjects and a real deep dive into how to make the most of game development with the major Game engines; Unity, & Unreal.
Augmented Reality Game Development will take you on a journey through building a location-based AR game & even a multiplayer version of the game. Learn how to build VR apps that can be experienced with modern devices from Meta Quest, (Oculus) VIVE, and others with Unity 2020 Virtual Reality Projects or if Unreal is your engine of choice, Unreal Engine 4 Virtual Reality Projects explains how Unreal is a powerful tool for developing VR games and applications. With its visual scripting language, Blueprint, and built-in support for all major VR headsets, it's a perfect tool for designers, artists, and engineers to realize their visions in VR.
Augmented Reality with Unity AR Foundation helps set you up for AR development, installing the Unity 3D game engine, its required packages, and other tools to develop for all mobile formats allowing people to interact meaningfully with the real world through digitally enhanced content & amongst several other Unity & Unreal titles, we round off this packed, Packt bundle with Getting Started with React VR. A complete guide to getting up to speed with Virtual Reality and React VR components, why and how it works and how to describe 3D objects, the installation of Node.js and the WebVR browser using React VR
The eBooks included in this bundle are available in EPUB and PDF format