React and React Native - Third Edition
Get up to speed with React, React Native, GraphQL and Apollo for building cross-platform native apps with the help of practical examples
- Covers the latest features of React such as Hooks, Suspense, NativeBase, and Apollo in this updated third edition
- Get to grips with the React architecture for writing easy-to-manage web and mobile applications
- Understand GraphQL and Apollo for building a scalable backend for your cross-platform apps
React and React Native, Facebook's innovative User Interface (UI) libraries, are designed to help you build robust cross-platform web and mobile applications. This updated third edition is improved and updated to cover the latest version of React. The book particularly focuses on the latest developments in the React ecosystem, such as modern Hook implementations, code splitting using lazy components and Suspense, user interface framework components using Material-UI, and Apollo. In terms of React Native, the book has been updated to version 0.62 and demonstrates how to apply native UI components for your existing mobile apps using NativeBase.
You will begin by learning about the essential building blocks of React components. Next, you'll progress to working with higher-level functionalities in application development, before putting this knowledge to use by developing user interface components for the web and for native platforms. In the concluding chapters, you'll learn how to bring your application together with a robust data architecture.
By the end of this book, you'll be able to build React applications for the web and React Native applications for multiple mobile platforms.
What you will learn
- Delve into the React architecture, component properties, state, and context
- Get to grips with React Hooks for handling functions and components
- Implement code splitting in React using lazy components and Suspense
- Build robust user interfaces for mobile and desktop apps using Material-UI
- Write shared components for Android and iOS mobile apps using React Native
- Simplify layout design for React Native apps using NativeBase
- Write GraphQL schemas to power web and mobile apps
- Implement web and mobile components that are driven by Apollo
Who this book is for
About this Bundle
Learn how to build creative user interfaces and so much more with the React Bundle - featuring eight new-to-Fanatical products!
Start by getting the lowdown on Facebook's innovative User Interface (UI) libraries, and build robust user interfaces for mobile and desktop apps using Material-UI with help from React and React Native - Third Edition. Think ahead and learn about more than just straight forward outcomes with The React Workshop, which teaches you to solve real-world problems relating to building modern web applications, as well as exploring the React environment by creating live projects.
Get to grips with all the React best practices to build a modern application with the React Material-UI Cookbook, an easy-to-follow guide on how to build interactive and intuitive controls, as well as designing portable themes and styles for all of your Material-UI apps.
Want to unearth the power of GraphQL, React, Apollo, Node, and Express to build a scalable, production ready application? Then Hands-on Full-Stack Web Development with GraphQL and React will set you on your way. You’ll learn how to integrate Apollo into React and build frontend components using GraphQL, and resolve data from multi-table database and system architectures.
The React Bundle features one video-based learning product and 10 eBooks, available in EPUB, MOBI, and PDF formats.