Unity Multimedia Bundle
Learning C# by Developing Games with Unity 2020 - Fifth Edition
Get to grips with coding in C# and build simple 3D games with Unity from the ground up with this updated fifth edition of the bestselling guide
Over the years, the Learning C# by Developing Games with Unity series has established itself as a popular choice for getting up to speed with C#, a powerful and versatile programming language that can be applied in a wide array of application areas. This book presents a clear path for learning C# programming from the ground up without complex jargon or unclear programming logic, all while building a simple game with Unity.
This fifth edition has been updated to introduce modern C# features with the latest version of the Unity game engine, and a new chapter has been added on intermediate collection types. Starting with the basics of software programming and the C# language, you’ll learn the core concepts of programming in C#, including variables, classes, and object-oriented programming. Once you’ve got to grips with C# programming, you’ll enter the world of Unity game development and discover how you can create C# scripts for simple game mechanics. Throughout the book, you’ll gain hands-on experience with programming best practices to help you take your Unity and C# skills to the next level.
By the end of this book, you’ll be able to leverage the C# language to build your own real-world Unity game development projects.
- Understand C# programming basics, terminology, and coding best practices.
- Put your knowledge of C# concepts into practice by building a fun and playable game.
- Come away with a clear direction for taking your C# programming and Unity game development skills to the next level.
What you will learn:
- Discover easy-to-follow steps and examples for learning C# programming fundamentals.
- Get to grips with creating and implementing scripts in Unity.
- Create basic game mechanics such as player controllers and shooting projectiles using C#.
- Understand the concepts of interfaces and abstract classes
- Leverage the power of the latest C# features to solve complex programming problems.
- Become familiar with stacks, queues, exceptions, error handling, and other core C# concepts.
- Explore the basics of artificial intelligence (AI) for games and implement them to control enemy behavior.
About this Bundle
Integrate your skills into a vast range of video game development projects with the brand-new Unity Multimedia Bundle - featuring 14 new-to-Fanatical products!
With eight eBooks and seven in-depth video courses, you’ll learn everything from performance-enhancing coding techniques and methods to working with Unity on mobile and desktop.
Learn how to create basic game mechanics such as player controllers and shooting projectiles using C#, as well as coding best practices with Learning C# by Developing Games with Unity 2020 - Fifth Edition; and feel confident writing scripts for customizing various aspects of a game, such as physics, gameplay, and UI with Hands-On Unity 2020 Game Development.
C# and Unity by Example: 20+ Mini Game Development Projects shows you the ropes on how to build a 2D shooter game in just one hour, giving you the knowledge to create fully-functional games; while Blender 3D By Example - Second Edition will help you learn core concepts of 3D design like modeling, sculpting, materials, textures, lighting, and rigging using the latest features of Blender 2.83.
Going mobile? Why not understand how to create, deploy, and monetize captivating and immersive games on Android and iOS platforms with Unity 2020 Mobile Game Development - Second Edition.
You’ll find these and much more in the Unity Multimedia Bundle!
The eBooks in this collection are available in EPUB and PDF format (Videos MP4).