About this DLC
It is just about that time of year again - time everyone went back to school! So, to celebrate (or commiserate) the Green Army Men team has a free update for you, containing a new map and 6 new weapons:
New Map - Sandbox
The kids are back to School and we all know what that means : the fight for the playground commences. Battle your way across the Sandbox as the kids take their tests inside the classroom. The Sand buckets have become your bunkers and the leftover popsicle sticks from art class will now build the fortress that you cling to in this epic battle of Schoolyard dominance.
Whether you fly the choppers or call in the napalm rockets onto the final castle objective, there can be only one King of the Sandbox. Going Back to School has never been this fun.
6 New Weapons
- BATTLE RIFLE: 7.62 Rifle for the Rifleman and Radioman roles. A self-Loading rifle that brings extra punch to the table, at the cost of added bulk and lack of fully automatic fire.
- AUTOMATIC RIFLE: 7.62 Machine Gun for the Machine Gunner role. A Light Support Weapon that trades magazine size for mobility. The alternate firing mode improves shot grouping by lowering the rate of fire.
- PERSONAL DEFENSE WEAPON: .30-cal Carbine for the Combat Engineer role. A lightweight carbine available as an alternative to the .45 SMG. The cartridge used by this weapon sports surprising power retention over long distances.
- ASSAULT SUBMACHINE GUN: 9mm Submachine gun for the Pointman and Radioman roles. A compact variant of the Assault Rifle designed for operations in cramped environments, such as anthills or dollhouses.
- RIFLED SHOTGUN: 12-gauge Pump-Action Shotgun for the Sniper role. An accurized variant of the Shotgun that fires high-velocity sabot slugs from a rifled barrel. Comes equipped with a High Magnification Scope.
- OBREZ: 7.62 Rifle for all special roles! A high-powered, bolt-action rifle. The haphazardly sawed-off stock makes this weapon compact enough to be carried as a sidearm.
About the Game
Support your local community developers!
Green Army Men is made entirely by community developers and is now available here as one complete DLC. Please note that everyone who owns Rising Storm 2: Vietnam will also be able to play the base class (Rifleman) in Green Army Men for free - you don't need to own or download this Upgrade DLC to play. However, we strongly encourage you to purchase this Upgrade, as it will give you access to the remaining classes within Green Army Men - AND all the revenue generated from the sale of the DLC will be shared with the Green Army Men team to support their ongoing efforts!
All one client!
Green Army Men launches from within the main Rising Storm 2: Vietnam client - there are no additional downloads required.
Green Army Men Content
Green Army Men (GAM) is a total conversion of Rising Storm 2: Vietnam, taking you from the jungles and rice paddies of southeast Asia right back to your living room floor. And the backyard, the pool - and the beach! All while playing as toy soldiers. GAM contains:
4 New Maps:
- Beach Party - battle for supremacy around the sandcastles, deck chairs and beach toys!
- Backyard - fight your way through the toys, garden implements and beer cans lying around the backyard!
- Pool Party - combat around the swimming pool. And IN the swimming pool - since when do toy soldiers need to breathe?
- Christmas - a reprise of the map that caught so much attention last Christmas. The battle for Christmas must go on!
Toy soldiers need weapons: the GAM team has provided you with a nice long list, now suitably all in green and blue plastic, including:
- 5.56mm Fully-Automatic Assault Rifle
- .45 Caliber Automatic Pistol
- .45 Caliber Revolver
- 7.62mm Sniper Rifle with Scope
- 7.62mm Machinegun
- .45 Caliber Submachine Gun
- 12 Gauge Pump Shotgun
- 40mm Grenade Launcher
- Grenades - Frag, Smoke and White Phosphorus
- C-4 and Claymore Explosives
- No fall damage - jump from anywhere, including from helicopters!
- Simplified chopper flight model - and any class can fly choppers
- Supporting Artillery, Mortars and Napalm Rockets