About this DLC
At long last the veil has been pierced and through the aetherial gap comes the news you’ve been waiting for: the final expansion and accompanying major update for War for the Overworld are slated for release this month! The Under Games awaits!
The Under Games:
- An all-new 7-level campaign
- Choose your Underlord and participate in a deadly tournament, set across a series of scenarios that call back to classic Dungeon Management gameplay!
- Each of the 4 playable Underlords has a unique playstyle, driven by their powerful traits and exclusive minions and Aspects.
- A completely overhauled AI awaits with 5 difficulty levels and a multitude of personalities to put you through your paces.
- Conquer arenas with distinctive layouts and a variety of visual themes, including the new blood-soaked Sanguine theme.
- 2 new games modes
- Race to capture and hold key positions in King of the Underhill, which will then blast your opponent’s Dungeon Core from distance.
- Mount a multipronged attack against your opponent’s Core Shards, then watch as their dungeon crumbles.
- 3 new Underlords with their own unique unlockable Dungeon Themes.
- 9 new Aspects expand your Veins of Evil, with new defences, constructs, potions and spells!
- New terrain features and shrines await in the Underworld, such as the ultra-hard Quartz and Moongate teleportation shrine.
Patch 2.0: Untold Depths (free to all):
- Remastered Main Campaign including new cinematic cutscenes, new terrain themes, rebalanced levels, and improved tutorials.
- Vastly expanded Map Editor features as long-requested by our fans: build maps for nearly any mode, including My Pet Dungeon, and use the new Mighty Script Editor to trigger complex events. Now you can truly create the levels you’ve always wanted to, and even chain them together to make narrative campaigns!
- More types of content on the Steam Workshop, with scripted custom scenarios and campaigns arriving when our industrious community get their hands on the new tools. The best will be curated by us, so you won’t miss a beat.
- New game modes to use in Skirmish, Multiplayer and the Map Editor: claim key positions in King of the Underhill, or destroy fragments of your opponents in Core Shards.
- Devastating New Underlord AI, rebuilt from the foundations to challenge even the most scheming players. Our new AI can use all the tools and tricks you’ve come to rely on - can you rise to the challenge?
- Sanguine and Snowy terrain themes now available in the enhanced Map Editor, which recast levels in either blood red or ice white.
- New Sacrifice ritual calls back to the origins of the Dungeon Management genre: drop different combinations of minions onto your Sanctuary Altar, and if the dark god Mendechaus is feeling generous, you might get something exciting in return!
- Polish, polish and more polish! You’ll find countless new animations, gameplay improvements, balance adjustments, significant performance optimisations, and other changes and fixes - as you’ve come to expect from us in our quest to create the ultimate Dungeon Management experience.