About this game
This is the Out of the Park Baseball you've been waiting for
Jammed with dozens of new and improved features that come straight from our amazing community of players, OOTP Baseball 17 is an astounding journey through the past, present, and future of the sport. Whether you're an owner, GM, or field general - or all of the above - get ready for the deepest and most satisfying version of Out of the Park Baseball yet.
New community-driven features bring the most authentic hardball experience to unprecedented heights.
- For the first time ever, fully licensed by both the MLBPA and MLB.com!
- All the real Major League teams, players, and logos, including projected 2016 Opening Day rosters
- Over 150 authentic Minor League clubs with real logos and leagues, along with 8 international and several independent leagues, all with real rosters
- All major league player ratings - plus those of more than 1,000 minor leaguers - based on ZiPS, the projection system created by well-known baseball writer and SABR member Dan Szymborski
- All-new Historical Exhibition option! Pit any two teams throughout history against each other in a single game or a series, or replay any historic World Series matchup with accurate rosters
- Smarter, more cunning AI GMs and managers, with individualized personal approaches to roster-building, scouting, and finances Authentic minor league systems from 1919 through 2015 with a database of more than 100,000 real players
- And of course, the Out of the Park Baseball trademark of seasons spanning 150 years of baseball
There are even more new features in Out of the Park Baseball 17!
The all-new MLBPA license lets players come alive
For the first time ever, Out of the Park Baseball features FaceGen images for real players! With player aging, real-time emotion, and automatic uniform adjustment based on trades and free agency for most major leaguers, you're more in touch with your club than ever. One glance tells all!
Improved in-game 3D engine - updated stadiums, moving player symbols, defensive shifts!
Our new 3D animation and improved, authentic major league ballparks deliver the most powerful in-game experience yet. Better lightning, textures and detail immerse managers in an intense MLB experience. Player symbols clearly indicate game situations, along with more defensive shift options for human managers to choose from.
Beautiful, redesigned game interface
It's easier than ever for armchair GMs and managers to build their baseball empire; from in-game upgrades to roster and league management controls, OOTP 17 is the best-looking and most-optimized visual experience yet.
Automatically generated game headlines and recaps
Building on its robust news system that reports on key events throughout your baseball universe, OOTP 17 now offers an automatically generated (and great-looking) headline and recap after each game.
Better trading with defined team needs
Need to bolster the bullpen or bring in someone to create a platoon at third base? Players facing such situations can now define their team needs and expect other GMs to make trade offers accordingly.
Even more realistic player career arcs
A finely-tuned player career arc modeling system is better than ever, powering the most realistic individual athlete performance over the course of a lifetime. What will the impact of trades, injuries, managerial changes, and teammate performance be on your favorite players?
Your every need at your fingertips
Running a baseball club is a complex affair, but Out of the Park Baseball 17 puts all the critical information that you need together in a way that optimizes the experience. From important league news to key financial data, the upcoming schedule to where you stand, OOTP 17's presentation is designed to put you in the best position to succeed.
Multi-core processing for fast sim speed
We've heard you! We know you love to use OOTP's powerful simulation engine - already the quickest in the sports strategy world - and it's now dramatically faster! New support for multi-core processors means OOTP 17 cranks through simulations and other tasks at up to 60% better speeds than last season.