CREATE ANYTIME… PLAY WITH EVERYONE
Break the rules and make the Super Mario courses you’ve always dreamed of in Super Mario Maker 2, only on Nintendo Switch! With lots of new tools, course parts and features at your disposal, let your imagination run wild as you craft unique levels to share with friends and players all over the world.
BRING YOUR IDEAS TO LIFE!
Making your own Super Mario courses is easy, and this time, two players can build courses together on a single screen. Simply pick and place iconic objects and enemies wherever you like and choose from many different themes and styles – including the new Super Mario 3D World style!
You can even combine familiar elements to create incredible things never before seen in a Super Mario game!
PLAY YOUR WAY!
Help rebuild Princess Peach’s castle in the new Story Mode. With over 100 original levels designed by Nintendo, you’re sure to pick up some tips and inspiration for your next creation as you play!
Want to show off your creations to friends? Up to four players can try to beat created courses at the same time in local multiplayer, or via a virtual room on their own Nintendo Switch console via local wireless multiplayer. Play as Mario, Luigi, Toad and Toadette, and let the fun begin!
Version 2.0.0 available now. Super Mario Maker 2 gets a legendary update. This free update adds Link from the Legend of Zelda™ series as a playable character, new course parts and a new gameplay mode. The new Master Sword item will be available to use exclusively in the 8-bit Super Mario Bros. style. When this new course part is picked up, Mario will transform into Link, equipped with a new set of moves like attacking with a sword, shooting arrows and dropping bombs. In addition to Link, the update also adds more course parts and enemies, as well as a new Ninji Speedruns mode, perfect for players looking for a challenge.
- Dash Block: Available in the Super Mario 3D World style, the Dash Block course part gives Mario a major speed burst when stepped on.
- Frozen Coin: These coins are surrounded by a block of ice and can only be released if melted by fireballs or other fire elements, including a certain angry sun.
- P Block: When a P Switch is hit in the course, invisible P Blocks temporarily turn into hard platforms, or vice-versa.
- Spike: This classic enemy coughs up massive spike balls and launches them at Mario. If used in the snow environment, Spike will toss snowballs instead!
- Pokey: The iconic stacked cactus from multiple Super Mario games joins Super Mario Maker 2 for the first time. Players can even edit the height of each Pokey.
Internet connection required during online play.
Local wireless multiplayer requires one console and one copy of the software per player.