About this game
Mainly created by a team of 5 people, Broken Pieces is the first game to come out of the French game development studio Elseware Experience.
When Elise and her fiancé decided to leave urban life and settle near the French coast, she could not imagine that she would end up completely alone.
Now, surrounded by strange phenomena in a dark, post-Cold War climate, Elise will have to investigate and unravel the mysteries surrounding the region of Saint-Exil, its ritualistic cult, and its lighthouse overlooking the coast.
Broken Pieces is an action-packed investigative and adventure video game set in France. The game puts you in the shoes of Elise, a woman in her thirties who finds herself in the village of Saint-Exil in an imaginary region reminiscent of Brittany. Following an unexplained paranormal phenomenon, Elise is stuck, completely alone and out of time. Your investigation begins here…
- Playtime : 9 to 12h.
- FSR and DLSS supported.
- Explore the area of Saint-Exil and its surroundings in the 1990s.
- Enjoy a completely revised version of the camera system that accompanied legendary game franchises of the 90s, aimed at providing greater flexibility and player agency.
- Switch between 2 camera angles in any situation or drop into a first-person view to have a closer look around.
- Interact with the environment to learn more about what has happened to you in Saint-Exil.
- Your investigation will be rhythmically punctuated by cinematic sequences, with motion entirely captured from handheld cameras.
- Enjoy a thriller atmosphere in your adventure to the fullest extent.
- Keep an eye on the time with your watch; it is imperative that you get home before nightfall.
- Manage your inventory capacity and ensure that you carry about what you need to make progress.
- A variety of additional interactive elements, such as a vintage arcade machine, is available in your main and secondary quests.
- Change the weather of Saint-Exil to forge new paths or solve the puzzles blocking your way.
- You will discover tapes from which you can draw clues to help you in your investigation.
- Use the tape player to fast-forward or rewind the tapes and home in on the information you seek.
- Listen to your tapes while exploring the village of Saint-Exil and enjoy a seamless experience of discovery.
- Discover the music composed by Pierre for Élise that will accompany you in your adventure.
- Face challenging enemies with a unique combat system using fixed camera angles.
- Dodge your enemies or hold them at a distance using your powers to better defeat them.
- Restore your health by grabbing a drink in the fridge, catching a nap on a bench or spending a night in the safety of your bed.
- Craft high-quality ammo and upgrade your gun to increase your fighting abilities.