About this game
Legends of the past come back to life in this charming European mystery adventure.
Crowns and Pawns is a modern-day point-and-click adventure, that is inspired by classics such as Broken Sword, Monkey Island, Still Life, Syberia, and others. The game highlights the less explored history of Europe to the world of adventurers. Experience the legendary stories of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania, bring to light the villainous branch of the KGB, solve puzzles, and follow hints to reveal the secrets of the King who was never crowned.
The story follows a girl from Chicago, Milda, who unexpectedly receives an inheritance from her grandfather – a house in Lithuania. She sets off to Europe, but upon arrival she is threatened by an unknown man, demanding that she gives up her inheritance. Determined and intrigued, she explores the run-down house, discovering old documents and clues dating back to the 15th century. Before long, Milda gets dragged into a dangerous search for a long-lost mysterious relic...
- A blend of history and myths set in a modern world, featuring real-life locations all around Europe.
- Crowns and Pawns are led by the art director of the highly acclaimed fan-adventure Broken Sword 2.5.
- Classic point-and-click puzzles that involve finding items hidden in beautiful environments, creatively combining the contents of your inventory, interesting dialogue choices, and more!
- Beautiful hand-painted art that comes to life with a touch of modern graphics features.
- A world that reacts to your decisions.
- Change the looks of the main character to solve puzzles (or for fun!).
- Fully voiced dialogue.
- Music was written by the award-winning composer Daniel Pharos (A New Beginning, Memoria, Blackguards).
Brought to you by the award-winning indie game development studio Tag of Joy.