About this DLC
Directly connecting England and Wales, running under the longest river in the United Kingdom, the South Wales Main Line is one of the most important cross-border routes in the country, and over 80 miles of it can be explored in South Wales Coastal!
Bristol and Swansea have been connected by rail since 1850, however it would not be until the 1880s that the revolutionary Severn Tunnel was constructed, shortening the link between England and Wales by over 30 miles. For over a century, the Severn Tunnel was the longest in Britain, and is still used by dozens of trains daily connecting the two countries.
Services originating from the West Country and London combine to make the South Wales Main Line a continuously busy line, with passengers bound for destinations such as Newport, Cardiff and Swansea, and freight heading for Wentloog container terminal or Port Talbot Steelworks.
The route, set in 2016, represents a time before overhead wires were installed on the main line to Cardiff, making for a classic diesel experience along the full 85-mile route from Bristol Temple Meads and Bristol Parkway to Swansea. Croeso i Gymru!
Please note: if you own the original version of South Wales Coastal: Bristol - Swansea, then you do not need to purchase this unbranded add-on, it will already be in your library.
A wide selection of Career and Railfan Mode scenarios are included:
-  Pt 1: 1V40 Manchester Piccadilly to Carmarthen
-  Pt 2: 1V40 Manchester Piccadilly to Carmarthen
-  1V48 Carmarthen to Manchester Piccadilly
-  1B41 Milford Haven to Cardiff Central
-  1W95 Cardiff to Holyhead
-  1V91 Holyhead to Cardiff
-  2G52 Cardiff to Cheltenham Spa
-  2L53 Cheltenham Spa to Maesteg
-  2U20 Taunton to Cardiff
-  Pt 1: 6H23 Margam T.C. to Llanwern Exchange Sdgs
-  Pt 2: 6H23 Margam T.C. to Llanwern Exchange Sdgs
-  6V05 Round Oak to Margam T.C.
-  4O51 Wentloog to Southampton
-  6M04 Portbury to Rugeley P.S.
-  1V05 - 1803 Nottingham to Swansea
-  1M77 - 1905 Cardiff Central to Swindon
-  1M91 - 1630 Bristol Temple Meads to Crewe
- [HST] 1B59 London to Swansea
- [Railfan Mode] Bridgend
- [Railfan Mode] Bristol Temple Meads
- [Railfan Mode] Cardiff Central
- [Railfan Mode] Margam T.C.
- [Railfan Mode] Newport
- [Railfan Mode] Port Talbot Parkway
85-mile route from Bristol Temple Meads to Swansea
Includes Bristol Parkway, Cardiff Bay branch and Port Talbot Steelworks
- BR Class 175
- BR Class 43 HST
- BR Class 70
- BR Class 67
- BYA, MXA, FEA-B, HHA and KTA wagons
- GUV and Mk1 BG Mail Coaches
- 18 Career scenarios
- 6 Railfan Mode scenarios
- Quick Drive Compatible
- Download size: 1.2GB