About this DLC
From regional express to bustling freight, experience a multitude of operations in Train Simulator with Bahnstrecke Riesa - Dresden!
Dating back to the 1830s, the line between Dresden and Riesa was built with the idea of linking the cities of eastern Germany, an idea that once realised saw the creation of Germany’s first long-distance railway. The line was immediately doubled in 1840 to boost capacity as the route’s importance continued to rise.
The line saw difficulties following the Second World War, reparations saw capacity dwindle with busy sections such as Dresden to Coswig reduced to a single track. Things would not start improving until the 1960s, and by the end of the decade the route between Dresden and Riesa was electrified.
With upgrade works since 2009, which accompany other improvements in the area, inter-city journey times have been significantly improved, and while the route between Riesa and Dresden is not high-speed capable, fast services can beat the commuter rush through the use of separate fast and slow lines that each take a different path through the Saxony countryside.
The Bahnstrecke Riesa - Dresden route for Train Simulator features both the fast and slow lines, allowing for two different views out the windscreen as you take on the challenges of inter-city, regional, s-bahn passenger services as well as freight. Keep an eye on the expertly crafted KS and HL signals, which have been built with cabride and plans reference, as they can display a multitude of aspects and work for both normal and wrong-line running operation, as well as display dynamic signal speeds around Dresden as per reality.
Explore the packed city of Dresden and discover various lineside industries. The route ahead is clear for departure for Bahnstrecke Riesa - Dresden in Train Simulator!
A selection of engaging Career scenarios are included:
- 1. Full Speed to Riesa
- 2. IC on a Snowy Winter Day
- 3. Freight to Riesa
- 4. S Bahn in Spring
- 5. Regional Express at Sunrise
- 6. RE 50 on a Stormy Day
- 7. Beautiful Spring Morning
- 55 km (34-mile) route from Dresden Hbf to Riesa Hbf via Coswig
- Also includes the adjacent 23 km (14-mile) fast lines for IC, ICE and freight services
- Includes 18 detailed stations
- Various lineside industries including docks, chemical sidings and industrial parks
- Authentic signalling and signage implementation
- DB BR 146.0 in DB livery
- DB BR 146.2 in DB livery
- DB BR 101 in DB livery
- DB BR 189 in DB livery
- DB BR 442 in DB livery
- DABpza, DBdpza and DBpza Doppelstock coaches in DB livery
- ARkimbz, Avmz and Bmpz coaches in DB livery
- SGGRSS container wagons in various liveries, including Ocean Network Express
- Zacns tanker wagon in grey livery
- 7 Career scenarios
- Quick Drive compatible
- Download size: 877.9MB