About this game
Lust from Beyond: M Edition is a new version of the cult survival horror Lust from Beyond. This edition is tailored to the preferences of players who love the genre of Lovecraftian horror for its mystery, narrative, and atmosphere rather than explicit content.
We invite you to another world. A world fueled by desire, fascination, and fear. A world inspired by the disturbing works of H.P. Lovecraft, H.R. Giger, and Zdzislaw Beksinski.
You are Victor Holloway, an antiquarian tormented by visions of a sinister land, where there's no difference between pain and pleasure. To unravel the true meaning of your dreams, you join the esoteric Cult of Ecstasy.
Taste the cultist's life from within. Get lost in its blasphemous customs. Find out what happens when the pleasures of this world stop being enough.
Discover the gates to Lusst'ghaa, the mythical Land of Ecstasy, beyond the borders of reality or comprehension. Face what lurks there. Fight, hide, solve puzzles, find your answers… and survive.
A New Take on the Fan-Favourite Horror
- New, more accessible version of the fan-favorite Lovecraftian horror
- Focused on the beloved story and gameplay, with less shocking content
- Story told from a cult member’s perspective
- Run, hide, sneak or fight using survival horror mechanics
- Setting and style inspired by the works of Lovecraft, Giger, and Beksiński
- Meaningful choices and elements of RPG-like progression
- Mind-bending puzzles to test your wits
- Sound recorded on-location in derelict period buildings
Changes in the M Edition
The original Lust from Beyond is an Adult Only experience. The M Edition is the same game tastefully tailored for a wider audience. M stands for the new Mature rating, but also for the many motifs of the Lust universe. The omnipresent Mystery, the iconic Masks, and overwhelming Madness.
The M Edition contains the following changes from the Adult Only edition:
- Nudity has been covered by outfits appropriate to the themes and setting.
- Some scenes have been rearranged to keep their meaning but reduce the explicit factor.
- Some animations, scene framing and models have been changed to meet the Mature rating requirements.