The Dead Tree of Ranchiuna
About The Dead Tree of Ranchiuna
About this game
A man graduates from university and comes back to the village where he grew up. As he notices there's no one around, he witnesses visions of an incident that happened there some time ago while he was away, including another’s return to the village unaware of what lay before them. These visions are of various times and places, leaving the player to uncover clue as unravel the mystery.
The Dead Tree of Ranchiuna makes us question how unfair society can be both in a direct and realistic manner and with the power of fantasy elements. Some of the acts in the game can just be taken as symbolic story-telling.
- A highly immersive, fully voiced "walking simulator" with a running time of over a couple hours, including extended gameplay
- A huge map with no in game loading screens
- A raging storyline, told by both in-story characters and the player character, narrating the journey
- Charming original soundtrack composed by Molo Dimolo
- Atmospheric sound design to carry the player through the highs and lows of their journey
- Approachable gameplay with light puzzle and platforming elements
- Smooth first-person and third-person camera switching on the fly
- Additional story dialogue through careful world exploration
- After completing the story, receive the ability to fast-travel between locations, so the player can explore and "unlock" even more.
Save progression: The game saves your progression at each checkpoint location automatically. When it is saved, a tree icon appears at the top corner of the screen.
PS: The core aspect of this game is the atmosphere. It is recommended for those who mostly seek to experience the mood.
* Less than 1% of orders are flagged for manual authorization. This process can take up to one working day, but orders are normally reviewed within a few hours.