Programming with Rust Bundle
Multiple file types
Rust Web Programming
Use the Rust programming language to build fully functional web applications with async Rust to amplify security and boost the performance of your programs.
- Work with cutting-edge web techniques such as distroless Rust servers, Terraform, and AWS deployment
- Get acquainted with async concepts such as actors and queuing tasks using lower-level frameworks like Tokio
- Build a full web application in Rust with a database, authentication, and frontend
Are safety and high performance a big concern for you while developing web applications?
With this practical Rust book, you’ll discover how you can implement Rust on the web to achieve the desired performance and security as you learn techniques and tooling to build fully operational web apps.
In this second edition, you’ll get hands-on with implementing emerging Rust web frameworks, including Actix, Rocket, and Hyper. It also features HTTPS configuration on AWS when deploying a web application and introduces you to Terraform for automating the building of web infrastructure on AWS. What’s more, this edition also covers advanced async topics. Built on the Tokio async runtime, this explores TCP and framing, implementing async systems with the actor framework, and queuing tasks on Redis to be consumed by a number of worker nodes. Finally, you’ll go over best practices for packaging Rust servers in distroless Rust Docker images with database drivers, so your servers are a total size of 50Mb each.
By the end of this book, you’ll have confidence in your skills to build robust, functional, and scalable web applications from scratch.
What you will learn
- Structure and build scalable Rust web apps by creating a basic to-do list web app
- Manage authentication and databases in Rust web applications
- Get to grips with wrapping web applications in distroless
- Understand the building blocks of web development such as HTTPS, TCP, and middleware
- Build app infrastructure on AWS using Terraform with databases, servers, load balancers, HTTPS, and URL routing
- Build end-to-end tests using Postman
- Build async systems implementing the actor model using Tokio
Who this book is for
About this Bundle
Programming with Rust Bundle
Rust is a multi-paradigm, general-purpose programming language widely chosen for real-time computer graphics, creating virtual reality systems and OS’s with many other commercial uses.
Our latest bundle contains a compact selection of 5 all new-to-Fanatical eBooks designed to provide both a step by step introduction and a detailed tuition pack of books covering all the major aspects of working with Rust.
Rust Web Programming 2e is a brand new update to the best selling original: Discover how you can easily and thoroughly implement Rust on the web and learn how to develop your own games, teaching you all about game development and how to create an endless runner from scratch with Game Development with Rust and WebAssembly
Looking for a fast, powerful, and intuitive framework to build web applications? Rust Web Development with Rocket will show you how.
With more books on Ransomware Detection and WebAssembly, this mini bundle from Packt & Fanatical has it all
All eBooks included are available in EPUB and PDF formats.