Hands-On Game Development with WebAssembly
Make your WebAssembly journey fun while making a game with it
- Create a WebAssembly game that implements sprites, animations, physics, particle systems, and other game development fundamentals
- Get to grips with advanced game mechanics in WebAssembly
- Learn to use WebAssembly and WebGL to render to the HTML5 canvas element
Within the next few years, WebAssembly will change the web as we know it. It promises a world where you can write an application for the web in any language, and compile it for native platforms as well as the web.
What you will learn
- Build web applications with near-native performance using WebAssembly
- Become familiar with how web applications can be used to create games using HTML5 Canvas, WebGL, and SDL
- Become well versed with game development concepts such as sprites, animation, particle systems, AI, physics, camera design, sound effects, and shaders
- Deploy C/C++ applications to the browser using WebAssembly and Emscripten
- Debug and performance tune your WebAssembly application
Who this book is for
Web developers and game developers interested in creating applications for the web using WebAssembly.
Game developers interested in deploying their games to the web
C/C++ developers interested in using their existing skills to deploy applications to the web
About this Bundle
The eBooks included in this bundle are available in EPUB, MOBI and PDF formats.